Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Laugh! It's the Best Medicine


A few blogs ago I casually admitted that I read Reader's Digest. At that time, I wanted to add all the young, hip and cool things about me to balance this admission off.  To let people know that you don't just have to be on social security and have given up eating popcorn for fear of what it will do to your teeth to enjoy this publication. But that was not the time.

This morning I was reading Reader's Digest and laughed out loud at some of the funny bits in their "Laugh! It's the Best Medicine" section. 

As we can all use a good laugh now and then I thought that I would share some of the funniness with you. And perhaps after you too get a few laughs you will not think less of my coolness factor for subscribing...


The Zen of Sarcasm:
1. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt or a flat tire.

2. Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

3. Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, you're a mile away - and you have the shoes.



No comments: