Friday, November 14, 2008

Emails in pajamas

The reality is that we are all just normal people living normal lives. All of us. Ok - maybe not the Queen of England, but the rest of us are just regular people.

But I have to admit that there are a few people in my life that I admire so greatly that I forget they are just regular people too. That they type emails in their pajamas and go to the dentist and read Reader's Digest in the bathroom. Well, maybe that last one is just me and anyone over 65. 

Jasmine Star is one of these people for me. She is a wedding photographer based in California and her work is, in my mind, perfection. It is where I push myself to go. And this is a good thing. All of us need that person to admire to make us want to be better. And for me, Jasmine Star is my girl.

So I thought that I would send her an email with a few questions in hopes that maybe she would someday answer one question. Just one. In her spare time. Maybe...

And you know what? She responded! She sent me a nice email and answered my questions on her blog. Yes, I was mentioned in the blog of my number-one-wanna-be-girl! This is a big day for me. And it reminds me that we are all just regular people. That she is just a person at her computer sending me an email, maybe even in her pajamas.

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

Oh, Jessie...if you only knew...I'd wear pajamas to the grocery store if I could! So, of course, I sent you the email in my PJ's! :)